Sunday, January 29, 2012

Anime Tidbits - Bootlegs

A long time ago, I went to the Philippines to visit my family. While I was walking about the dodgy districts and Chinese rip-offs galore, I found a large amount of anime, all for about $1. I'm not the type to buy things like this, but I needed to buy it just to see how terribly cheap this is. I bought 2 of these. One is "Higurashi" and the other is Toradora. Both of them are absolutely dreadful. You'll see what I mean after the break.








What amazing work. Until you look at the bottom.

Okay, let's take this for example.The design is pretty good, considering that this was made from scratch. It looks like that the printer that was making the cover ran out of ink, since you see shades of green and purple near the bottom. There are also those logos on the left, probably for some odd format that the DVDs are in.


tl;dr
These DVDs are so odd on the outside, that I don't want to put it in my computer.
-Karen




No comments:

Post a Comment